Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani launches Job Fair Fortnight
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Thursday launched the state-wide Job Fair Fortnight at Gandhinagar, an initiative of the Labour and Employment department to generate over 35,000 employment opportunities.
- Addressing the crowd during the event, Rupani said, “Gujarat has emerged as the best investment destination and is attracting a lot of industries in the past few years.
- The new factories will require more than 57 lakh skilled workers by 2022. The Gujarat government has already 17 lakh skilled youths so far, and more will be trained in the coming time.”
: The multitudes dispossessed by the ‘Gujarat model’
- The chief minister also noted that Gujarat was the first state to bring the Mukhya Mantri Apprenticeship Scheme last year and now we have more than 77,000 youths, who are already been trained under it.
- He also appealed the youth to look at other next-generation avenues, rather than luring for the government jobs.