Election Commission appoints 110 IRS officers as expenditure observers for Maharashtra, Haryana polls
By Newindiaexpress 20-Sep-2019
- The Election Commission (EC) has appointed 110 IRS officers of the Income Tax department as expenditure observers for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana, officials said on Thursday.
- The observers will be tasked with checking the use of black money and other illegal inducements during the election process in these two states.
- These officials have been called for their first briefing by the central poll-panel on September 23 here.
- The EC has asked the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to relieve the officers from their charge so that they can be put on poll duty, the official said.
- The CBDT is the policy-making body for the tax department.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know