Bengal Governor Seeks Explanation on Anti-Lynching Bill
Social News XYZ
- Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar sent a letter to the WB Assembly seeking an explanation on The West Bengal (Prevention of Lynching) Bill, 2019.
- The Governor wanted to know the response of the Assembly Secretary on the claim of the leader of opposition Abdul Mannan and Leader of left party Sujan Chakraborty.
- Both the leaders said the bill placed in the House on 30th August was different than the draft copy of the Bill that was circulated on 26th August.
Also Read: Mamata Banerjee to Meet Amit Shah Today
- According to both the leaders the reason for this is cannot be a printing mistake and this is a serious lapse.
- Even during the passage of the Bill on August 30, Mr. Mannan had cited these irregularities which he had brought to the notice of the Governor.