Mamata Banerjee discusses NRC issue with Amit Shah
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerji told reporters that she discuss the Assam NRC in her meeting with Home Minister Amit Shah in the national capital.
- This is the first time Mamata Banerjee is meeting Amit Shah after the 2019 Lok Sabha elections after he took over as the Home Minister in the second Modi government.
- Asked about extending the NRC process to West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee ruled out the speculation and said that this was not discussed in the brief meeting with Amit Shah.
- Mamata Banerjee and Amit Shah have been at loggerheads for long with the two party chiefs attacking each other on numerous occasions.
- On the hand, Bengal BJP has termed her Delhi visit and meetings with PM Modi and Amit Shah as her last ditch attempt to “save herself”.
Also Read: National Register of Citizens: Assam has its own context, misrepresenting it won’t help