Stalin to stand against the banner culture
- On Wednesday, DMK president M.K. Stalin said that the culture of erecting banners should be eradicated from politics.
- He was speaking to journalists after visiting the parents of Subasri, who was killed in a road accident last week after a banner fell on her.
- Mr. Stalin handed over a cheque for ₹5 lakh to Subasri’s family.
- He has also urged party cadre not to put up posters and cut-outs without obtaining permission from the police.
- “But the ruling party has erected banners and posters all over the place, in violation of the Madras High Court’s order,” he alleged.