Tourism stakeholders to meet State Finance Mins to reduce GST
By Heraldgoa 19-Sep-2019
- The tourism stakeholders have decided to meet finance ministers from each State seeking their support to propose the Centre to reduce the tax on room tariffs in a bid to boost arrivals. and stay period of the vacationers.
- Unfortunately, India does not stand in the list of 20 countries offering least or no GST on hotel stay.
- TTAG President Savio Messias and other hoteliers had earlier this month submitted a joint representation to CM and Mauvin Godinho demanding reducing GST from 28 per cent to 12 per cent.
- Sawant had thereafter told reporters that he will personally discuss the matter with the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman during the meeting of the ministers on September 20.
- The TTAG delegation also met the Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel and submitted a representation which included demands like reduction in GST.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know