Hardik Patel compares police action at GMDC Ground with Jallianwala Bagh Incident
By The Times Of India 19-Sep-2019
- Congress party leader Hardik Patel told Justice K S Puj inquiry commission that IPS officer Rajeev Ranjan Bhagat had made an indecent proposal to a woman at the GMDC ground after the large rally.
- In an affidavit filed before the commission probing the police atrocities on members of the Patidar community after the rally at the GMDC ground, Patel said that while they were sitting on fast, cops rushed to the platform chasing youths who were trying to protect themselves from lathi-charge.
- He further claimed that he had heard IPS officer Rajeev Ranjan Bhagat saying in a fit of rage to a woman that if she wanted benefits of reservation, she should sleep with him. Patel said so while narrating the events that took place at the GMDC ground on August 15, 2015.
- Patel also compared the police action at the GMDC ground with the Jallianwala Bagh massacre. He further said that shooting 14 youths by the cops was shameful for the entire state.
- He further insisted that the only factor responsible for disturbance in Gujarat’s law and order situation in the end of August 2015, was the elected state government.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know