Nagpur-based firm to clear garbage dump in 18 months
By Thetribune 22-Sep-2019
- The waste dump in Dadu Majra is set “to be cleared in 18 months as the work for mining of legacy waste, besides underground utility mapping and e-governance services projects” was allotted to various companies here today.
- The Board of Directors of Chandigarh Smart City Limited, during a meeting, sanctioned the work for mining of legacy waste to the lowest successful bidder — SMS Limited of Nagpur — for Rs 34 crore against the estimated cost of Rs 40 crore.
- The work will be completed in 18 months and the city will be able to get rid of the 5-lakh metric tonne of garbage dump, which has accumulated in Dadu Majra over the years.
- Officials said the garbage dump would be cleared off by the firm in a scientific and hygienic manner. Residents in the vicinity will get rid of foul smell and leachate oozing out from the garbage dump.
- The Board also cleared the project for underground utility mapping in Chandigarh.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know