Karnataka govt sanctions Rs 1,500 crore for flood relief
By The Times Of India 19-Sep-2019
- The state government announced a Rs 1,500 crore package for rescue and relief measures in flood-affected districts of Karnataka.
- The cabinet, approved the release of Rs 1,000 crore for reconstruction and repair of destroyed and damaged houses and another Rs 500 crore under PWD funds for road repair works.
- The government will also release Rs 1 lakh for houses which have been completely damaged while Rs 25,000 will be provided to families whose houses were partially damaged in the July-August floods.
- The government has pegged the damage caused by floods at Rs 35,000 crore, but the central government has not announced any assistance yet, despite repeated pleas by the state government.
- Law and parliamentary affairs minister JC Madhuswamy said that the government will also seek a special package from the Centre for coffee and spice planters who lost their crops in the floods.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know