Will try to arrange alternative cargo for Goa barges: Minister
By Heraldgoa 19-Sep-2019
- Ports Minister Michael Lobo has said that he would seek an appointment with Union Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya to get alternative cargo for the Goa Barge Owners Association (GBOA).
- Lobo also assured the GBOA to try and seek Central government assistance for repairs of barges through Central Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) schemes.
- There is transportation of goods and containers by trucks from highways and because of highway works, they get delayed.
- We can try to get the same containers from Karnataka, Maharashtra and other coastal States by barges.
- We can talk to the Centre and try and open this business channel of coastal shipping of getting cargo from other States via barges,” he said.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know