SHRC directs Tamil Nadu govt to pay Rs 50,000 compensation
By The Times Of India 18-Sep-2019
- The State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has directed the Tamil Nadu government to pay a compensation of Rs 50,000 to the family of a minor boy, who was verbally abused and assaulted by an inspector.
- The boy was attacked when he was detained in connection with an assault case at the Chromepet police station in 2017.
- The boy’s mother moved the commission seeking action against the then inspector of Chromepet police station, Sivakumar.
- The petitioner contended that despite being aware that her son was a minor, the inspector assaulted him with lathi which the inspector denied.
- SHRC member D Jayachandran, unconvinced with the inspector’s response, held that there was a human rights violation and directed the government to pay a compensation to the family.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know