Gujarat Congress begins missed-call drive to protest fines
Also read: Hardik Patel appears before Punj commission
- The Gujarat Congress has begun a missed-call campaign to help take to the government the protest against the newly implemented Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act 2019.
- The hefty fines under the Act came into force from today in the state.
- Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president, Amit Chavda said that the new rules were nothing, but another way to inconvenience the citizens.
- Citizens who don't agree with the new fines can give us a missed-call on 079410 50774 to lodge their protest," said Chavda.
- The party has also made a representation to the government against the exorbitant fines which he said was 400 per cent to 900 per cent higher than the earlier fines.