Congress comes up with 'own the constituency' plan ahead of Maharashtra assembly polls
- In bid to counter the growing influence and to stop the BJP's juggernaut, the Maharashtra Congress party has come up with an innovative idea, 'own the constituency' for the senior Congress leaders.
- Congress hopes that the 'own the constituency' idea will help them to get some decent numbers in the upcoming Maharashtra state assembly polls.
- "We had meeting with the Congress president Sonia Gandhi where it was decided that rather than concentrating on losing seats, we will focus on winning.
- We have got the 40 sitting MLAs while in the 20 seats, we had lost with very thin margin of 5,000-10,000 votes in 2014.
- Nana Patole, chairman of the Campaign Committee for Congress party in state polls, said that they are confident of coming back to power.