Jignesh Mevani joins rally in Ahmedabad to demand FIR in sadhu case
By Dna 17-Sep-2019
- Dalits in the city on Monday carried out a rally from the Ahmedabad collector’s office to the police commissioner’s office demanding an FIR against a sadhu of the Swaminarayan sect.
- A video of the sadhu Vishwa Vallabh Dast making derogatory remarks about the community had gone viral some days ago. Since then members of the community have registered their protest and have demanded an FIR.
- Vadgam MLA and Dalit leader Jignesh Mevani who also joined the rally said that they have already approached both the DGP Shivanand Jha and the police commissioner AK Singh in the matter.
- “We met the police commissioner who informed us that they had begun investigations into the authenticity of the video and it was found that the video was not tampered with nor was it morphed.
- “The DGP has promised us action by today evening,” said Mevani. He said earlier the DGP had asked the city police commissioner to check the authenticity of the video.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know