Cong, Akalis firm on separate stages
By Thetribune 17-Sep-2019
- Even as the state government and the SAD leadership remained adamant on setting up separate stages for the programme to mark the 550th Parkash Purb of Guru Nanak at Sultanpur Lodhi.
- The Akalis are unnecessarily trying to create confusion and issuing provocative statements.
- Both the government and the Opposition have been trying to outdo each other by organising a better event and gain political mileage out of it.
- SGPC chief Gobind Singh Longowal has been maintaining that it would set up main darbar at Guru Nanak Stadium, while the government has been making preparations for the same by setting up a pandal on the backside of Gurdwara Ber Sahib to accommodate 25,000 devotees.
- “There is so much smell around the stadium because of a nullah and a treatment plant in the vicinity. It is a congested area, unlike the venue we selected, which has more open approach roads,” said Congress MLA from Sultanpur Lodhi Navtej Cheema.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know