Cabinet committee constituted to deal with stray cattle menace
By Thetribune 17-Sep-2019
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Monday formed a five-member Cabinet Sub-Committee to check the growing menace of stray cattle in the state. He also announced Rs 10 lakh each to the Deputy Commissioners (DCs) for opening additional gaushalas in their respective districts to address the problem.
- The committee, headed by Animal Husbandry Minister Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa, has PWD Minister Vijay Inder Singla, Local Government Minister Brahm Mohindra, Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu and Industries Minister Sunder Sham Arora as members.
- It has been mandated to suggest ways to tackle the problem of stray cattle, to save precious human lives due to fatal accidents caused by the animals.
- Reviewing the status of gaushalas in all districts, the CM asked the DCs to open one more gaushala in their respective districts with the help of NGOs, social and religious organisations.
- He also directed all DCs to make elaborate arrangements, in collaboration with the Rural Development and Panchayats, Local Government and Animal Husbandry departments, to house the stray cattle in these cattle pounds.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know