Kannada organisations urges PM to take steps for flood relief
Also Read: Ready for Alliance if Sonia Gandhi Agrees: JD(S) Founder HD Deve Gowda
- Unhappy with the current situation prevailing in north Karnataka due to the recent floods, pro-Kannada organisations have written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the hope of getting prompt relief from the Centre.
- The Kannada Organisations Action Committee in Belagavi, written a letter to the PM claiming that there might be starvation deaths pointing to a recent tragedy where a four-year-old child died due to malnutrition in the district.
- The association also asked the Prime Minister to solve the interstate dispute between Karnataka and Maharashtra regarding the Mahadayi river water sharing issue.
- The letter noted that if the dispute dragged in the Supreme Court like the Cauvery issue, then people of 13 taluks of 4 districts will suffer heavily from acute drinking water shortage.
- In the letter the Organisation also mentioned that the Centre could have released at least 50% of the estimated loss amount.