Opposition misread Shah's statements: Karnataka BJP
Also Read: Karnataka Government Plans to Buy Land in J&K to Promote Tourism
- Reacting to Home Minister's statements on Hindi Diwas, the primary and secondary education minister S Sureshkumar said that Opposition parties were trying to mislead people about Shah’s appeal. No doubt, Kannada would be supreme in Karnataka and Home Minister's tweet doesn’t tantamount to Hindi imposition.
- On Hindi Diwas Shah tweeted, "India has many languages, and every language has its importance. But it is absolutely necessary the entire country should have one language that becomes India’s identity globally,”
- The opposition has rejected Shah’s statements, with Rajya Sabha member Jairam Ramesh saying, “‘One nation one language’ will never be a reality.”
- Kannada and culture minister CT Ravi also stated that when all can accept a foreign language- English then why can't Hindi be acceptable.
- On the other hand, former chief ministers Siddaramaiah and HD Kumaraswamy threatened to launch an agitation against the BJP's “lopsided language policy.”