Odisha govt provides financial assistance of Rs 8.33 crore to cyclone Fani-affected 789 tourist boat owners
By Odishasuntimes 16-Sep-2019
- The Odisha government today provided financial assistance of Rs 8.33 crore to as many as 789 tourist boat owners, who lost their livelihoods as their boats were completely damaged in cyclone ‘FANI’ that hit the coastal district on May 3 leaving a trail of destruction.
- Of the total amount, Rs 4, 26, 40, 000 was provided from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund and the Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) given Rs 1.92 crore from its CSR funds to the affected boat owners.
- The rest of the amount was provided by the State Bank of India as Mudra loan upon request by the State government.
- Shri Suresh Chandra Mahapatra, IAS, Development Commissioner, Government of Odisha, who attended the programme as Chief Guest said the boat owners should repair and redevelop their boats with better engines and facilities in order to attract more tourists in the coming days.
- The affected boat owners belonging to nine boat associations received the amount during a programme called ‘Financial assistance to Fani-affected boat owners’ held at Satapada arranged by the Puri District Administration.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know