'Should Become Bangladesh PM': BJP MLA Targets Mamata Banerjee for Opposing NRC
ये भी पढ़े: राज्य सरकार किसानों के कल्याण और उद्योगों को बढ़ावा देने को प्रतिबद्ध : ममता
- A BJP MLA Surendra Singh targeted Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee over the issue of NRC, saying if she wants to let Bangladeshi-origin people stay in the state then she should become the prime minister of Bangladesh.
- Toeing the party lines, Singh voiced strong dissent against those who do not originally belong to the country. "We will never tolerate if foreigners come to India, stay here as refugees and influence Indian politics," he said.
- He further questioned the Bengal chief minister's allegiance to the nation. "Mamata Banerjee is an Indian so she can stay here but if she gets influenced by anti-national sentiments then she can be taught a lesson, like P Chidambaram and others are going."
- Banerjee has vehemently opposed the NRC exercise in Assam and has asserted that she will not allow it in West Bengal.
- On Thursday, the TMC chief took out massive a rally in north Kolkata against BJP’s attempt to bring National Register of Citizens (NRC) across the country and warned the BJP not to play with fire in the name of NRC.