For Modi’s Birthday, Gujarat Schools Ordered to Celebrate 'Success' of Article 370 Decision
- The Ahmedabad district education department has issued a circular to the principals of schools falling under Ahmedabad (Rural) areas, instructing them to organise special lectures, debates, essay and elocution competitions, group discussions and other similar exercises on the subject of the government’s decision regarding Article 370 in J&K.
- “It [Articles 370 and 35A] touches subject of social sciences in secondary and higher secondary education.
- The circular also states that the Modi government’s move to read down Article 370 has created “a global identity of the nation.”
- “This is to inform you that the Indian parliament has taken an excellent and people-oriented decision which has received unprecedented welcome,” it reads.
- The state education department’s plan of talking about Article 370 in schools on Modi’s birthday implicitly aims to register the act as one which spells the Modi government’s success in students’ memory.