CM Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy asks officials to keep prices of vegetables under check
Also Read: Andhra govt to drop cases against those booked for demanding special status
- Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has called for an effective mechanism on market intelligence for agriculture products, and instructed the officials to take steps for keeping the prices of vegetables under check.
- Addressing a review meeting on the State Agriculture Mission (SAM), along with its vice-chairman M.V.S. Nagi Reddy, on Saturday, Mr. Jagan Mohan Reddy said a long-term plan should be drafted for stabilising the prices.
- The Agriculture Market Committees (AMC) should be involved in the process, he said. He said a cell should be formed with experts for supervising the procurement of agriculture produce and marketing.
- The officials told the Chief Minister that pulses and tomatoes were not fetching minimum returns due to piling up of stocks with the farmers, and stressed the need for necessary intervention.
- The Chief Minister enquired about the rising prices of onion, and asked the officials to rein them in.