Oommen Chandy wants PM's convention on Kerala priest
Also read: BJP is concerned over Vellappally Natesan’s statement supporting LDF
- Former Kerala CM Oommen Chandy wants immediate intervention of PM Narendra Modi for release of Kerala Catholic priest Benoy John.
- Reportedly, the kerala priest is presently in the Jharkhand Police's custody.
- In a letter to Modi, Chandy wrote that John was attached to the Rajdaha Mission and he was taken away by the police alleging his role in forcible conversion.
- "We seek your intervention to see that justice is delivered to John who has been falsely accused of indulging in conversion. We feel this is an attack on the minority community by the police," wrote Chandy.
- ccording to the church, Deoghar district police took two priests -- Arun Vincent and John -- and Munna Hansda. While Vincent was released, John and Hansda have been remanded.