CM’s note puts 1,200 vacancies in suspense
By Heraldgoa 14-Sep-2019
- The future of nearly 1,200 vacancies, for which advertisements were issued by various government departments, hangs in balance following Chief Minister Dr Pramod Sawant’s directions that recruitment of all Group C posts be carried out by the Goa Staff Selection Commission (GSSC).
- Sawant on September 6 moved a note stating that the Goa Staff Selection Commission Bill, 2019 has already been passed by the Legislative Assembly, and as such all recruitment of Group C be carried out through the Commission.
- “All the advertisements issued pursuant to passing of the Bill are required to be withdrawn immediately,” the note mentioned, directing departments that no new advertisement be issued.
- A senior official said that all Group C posts will have to be withdrawn as per the note issued by Chief Minister. “However, this will not be applicable to those posts, which were issued before the Bill was passed and for which even written exams are held or are scheduled to be held,” the official said.
- The Bill was introduced on August 7 and passed on August 9. Following the passage of the Bill, 1187 posts were advertised between August 10 till date, of which 1077 posts were by Goa Medical College and Hospital (GMC). These posts are of clerk, multi-tasking staff, stenographer, driver, technicians, etc.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know