State calls on Centre to help boost tourism sector
By Heraldgoa 13-Sep-2019
- The State has insisted that relaxation in visa norms and lowering of GST will boost the tourism sector.
- Both the Chief Minister Pramod Sawant and Tourism Minister Manohar Ajgaonkar made this assertion after pointing out that post the mining closure, Goa’s revenue collection has been heavily dependent on tourism.
- They conceded that tourism is the only industry, which is surviving after the shutting down on the mining operations.
- “After mining, tourism is the only industry which is surviving. We are getting direct and indirect revenue from the industry. It however depends on the stakeholders on how to grow the industry,” said the CM.
- He added that the govt has created 60 to 70 per cent infrastructure in the sector. “The government can provide the infrastructure. We have managed to create 60 to 70 per cent infrastructure.
'ओला-ऊबर के कारण ऑटो सेक्टर में मंदी' - क्या निर्मला सीतारमण के इस बयान से आप सहमत है ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know