Margao MLA blasts govt for bad roads
By Heraldgoa 13-Sep-2019
- Opposition Leader Digambar Kamat and Margao residents protested on the streets, raising their objections to the bad road conditions and the resulting dust storm that has engulfed the town.
- "For the last 25 years, this road has not gone so bad. The reasons are only two, either inferior quality of asphalt or low percentage of asphalt used in the making of this road as there is no binding of aggregate" said Kamat.
- "Roads made 8 and a half years ago in Aquem are still in good condition. But even though the standards of National Highway Authority (NHA) for road building is greater than others, the National Highway in Margao is bad", added the former Chief Minister.
- Kamat, along with officials from the NHA, PWD and other govt officials carried out an inspection of the roads, wherein the PWD gave an assurance that they will start the work to repair the roads and to work towards eliminating dust pollution.
- Executive Engineer of PWD Laxmikant Naik, was told to make sure the loose gravel, which has come off from the old hotmix carpet is removed as it was the main reason behind the rising dust levels.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know