Congress calls Nirmala Sitharaman’s millennial mindset comment a ‘grave joke’
- On Wednesday, Congress criticised FM Nirmala Sitharaman for blaming millennials, who preferred riding services such as Uber and Ola instead of buying cars.
- Congress spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi tagged it as a “grave joke” on the current economic slowdown in the country.
ALSO READ: Mega Gandhi Jayanti Event and 'RSS-like' Heads on Congress' Agenda
- He added, “Have Ola and Uber become this powerful that they can impact the economy at such a large scale?”
- Previously FM Sitharaman have called Ola-Uber as the the big factor for the downfall of automobile sector.
- Let us tell you that automobile sales declined for the 10th consecutive month in August and sales fell 31.6% since the same month last year.