State may reduce amount of traffic fines: Minister
By Heraldgoa 12-Sep-2019
- The State government is contemplating reducing the amount of the penalty of some of the traffic offences under the amended Central Motor Vehicles Act, that will come into force in Goa from January next year.
- The announcement comes a day after the Gujarat government notified the amount of the fines for some of the traffic violations, reducing penalties by 25 per cent to 90 per cent from the amounts notified by the Centre.
- Mauvin Godinho said the government will not ‘mindlessly’ impose fines. “As far as implementation of the Central Motor Vehicles Act is concerned, there are some things which are compulsory and States have no control over such fines for drunken driving, driving without license, etc.
- “In the name of discipline on the road to make citizens comply with the rules, it cannot be the case that we mindlessly go on imposing fines. We will take a call on this once the file is back after vetting from the Law Department,” Godinho added.
- The State has decided to implement the amended Act from January after ensuring that the roads are in proper shape.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know