'Patnaik Became CM With Our Blessings': Odisha BJP Leader Stirs Row, Retracts After Party Reprimand
- Pradipta Nayak, senior BJP leader and leader of the Opposition in Odisha Assembly, created ripples in the political circles on Wednesday after he said the saffron party helped Biju Janata Dal (BJD) chief Naveen Patnaik c
- “We (BJP) have made Naveen babu the chief minister. We had done it earlier too. He is the chief minister due to our blessings and due to our shoulders,” said Nayak, 55, a four-term BJP legislator from Bhawanipatna Assembly constituency in Kalahandi district.
- Speaking to reporters about the BJD’s support to the BJP-led central government over several issues in recent months, Nayak said, “The state government and the Centre, considering their own interests, can take each other’s help when needed.”
- ome to power once again and that the Centre has been generous in giving funds to the state due to the BJP’s “blessings” for Patnaik.
- Nayak, however, retracted his comments a few hours later, asserting that the BJP continues to be the Opposition party and would keep raising its voice against the BJD government’s “bad governance and illegal activities”.