Six Cong MLAs appointed advisers, 5 in Cabinet rank
By Thetribune 10-Sep-2019
- In an apparent move to quell dissent within the party over handling of the Bargari sacrilege and police firing cases and to placate those upset over not given political posts, the Congress government on Monday appointed six MLAs as advisers to the Chief Minister, five in the rank and status of Cabinet Minister and one in the rank and status of Minister of State.
- This will enable the six MLAs to enjoy the privileges and allowances enjoyed by the ministers, which is set to put extra financial burden on the cash-starved government.
- A senior party leader privy to the move said four MLAs — Kushaldeep Singh Dhillon (Faridkot), Amrinder Singh Raja Warring (Gidderbaha), Sangat Singh Gilzian (Urmur) and Inderbir Bolaria (Amritsar) — have been appointed as adviser (political) in the rank and status of Cabinet Minister. Fatehgarh Sahib MLA Kuljit Nagra is adviser (planning) in rank and status of Cabinet Minister and Tarsem DC (Attari) adviser (planning) in the rank and status of minister of state.
- In party meetings, these MLAs had been quite vocal against the government on sacrilege and other issues.
- A senior government functionary said instead of appointing chief parliamentary secretaries, whose appointments were termed illegal in the previous SAD-BJP government, the MLAs have been appointed as advisers.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know