GoM to submit its report on mining to PM
By Heraldgoa 10-Sep-2019
- Asserting that Goa mining is a "very complex" issue, Union Minister for Mines Pralhad Joshi on Monday said that the Group of Ministers (GoM) constituted by the Central government to study the mining matter, will submit its report to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, detailing out steps it could explore to resume iron ore activities in the State.
- The report, the Minister added, will also deliberate on all those major iron ore mines, which would be shut in the country from March 31, 2020.
- Joshi, who was in Goa, held a meeting with Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on the mining issue. Rajya Sabha MP Vinay Tendulkar was also part of the meeting.
- Emerging out of the meeting, Joshi said that the Prime Minister has insisted that an early decision should be taken on the issue of starting mining in Goa and that they will be submitting a report to him suggesting the solutions for the same. "We have not yet decided when to submit the report but it will be submitted at the earliest," he said.
- The Iron Ore mining activity has come to a standstill since March 2018 affecting livelihood of around two lakh people.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know