Mizoram to implement state’s healthcare scheme from Oct 1
By Eastmojo 08-Sep-2019
- Mizoram will implement its own healthcare scheme, Mizoram State Health Care Scheme (MSHCS), from October 1 to provide health assurance to beneficiaries, who will be given up to Rs 2 lakh cover per year, ruling Mizo National Front (MNF) legislator and health & family welfare board vice chairman Dr ZR Thiamsanga said on Friday.
- Addressing a meeting at MNF office in Aizawl, Thiamsanga said the healthcare scheme has been readied for implementation and aspiring applicants should register themselves between October and December to avail of the scheme.
- He said that the state government-funded healthcare programme will cover almost all types of illnesses with an entitlement of Rs 2 lakh per year. The healthcare scheme will also cover beneficiaries excluded under the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- It will be directly implemented in all government hospitals and the government is making effort to have the healthcare scheme implemented in private hospitals as well, health department officials said.
- Mizoram has implemented the Centre’s healthcare scheme from October last year. Under this scheme, the entitlement is being decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the Socio-Economic Caste Census database 2011. The beneficiaries are identified based on the deprivation categories (D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, and D7). For the urban areas, the 11 occupational criteria determines entitlement.
क्या संतोष गंगवार के बयान का असर महाराष्ट्र चुनाव में होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know