BJP secretary arrested in Punjab after n targeting Love Jihad
- Punjab BJP secretary Sukhpal Singh Sra was arrested on Tuesday after he allegedly pelted stones at an inter-faith couple’s house in Bathinda.
- A Muslim man and a Hindu girl had recently got married and were staying at a house in Jogi Nagar. Irked over the inter-faith wedding, the BJP leader and his supporters, along with the woman’s parents, termed the marriage “love jihad” and attacked the couple’s house.
- In a police complaint, Raveena (21) has stated she had married Deepak Khan of Jogi Nagar of her own volition, while her parents and other members of family were against it.
- Further, she stated that on Monday, when she reached her husband’s house after the marriage, accused entered their house by damaging the door and pelted them with stones.
- After the registration of the case, Sra was arrested on Tuesday. Later, BJP workers and Hindu outfits protested outside the Kotwali police station.
Also Read: CM Amarinder Singh Hosts Lunch for Manpreet Badal and Charanjit Channi