Nagaland border tension: Ministerial team visits Khezhakeno
By Nagalandpost 04-Dec-2019
- A ministerial team led by Planning & Coordination minister Neiba Kronu and comprising horticulture and border affairs adviser Mhathung Yanthan, commissioner M Patton, AIG R Kikon, Phek district and police officials visited Khezhakeno village on Tuesday to take stock of the situation following a clash between Khezhakeno and Tungjoy villagers on November 29.
- It may be recalled villagers of Tungjoy had reportedly burnt down arrangements made by Khezhakeno villagers to observe “People Festival” from December 1 late on November 29 night.
- During the British time itself, the minister said a pillar was erected, adding it was not a disputed area. He said it was unfortunate that the festival had been disturbed.
- Speaking to Nagaland Post, Kronu said as per the relevant document available and upon verification of the site that the villagers planned to use for festival belonged solely to Nagaland and there was no dispute.
- He said the team would submit its report to the State government as the matter had to be taken up at the highest political level.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know