NRC: 1.6 lakh people fighting cases in Foreigners Tribunals, says Assam govt
By Indiatoday 01-Dec-2019
- Nearly 1.6 lakh people are fighting for their cases in Foreigners Tribunals to prove their Indian citizenship across Assam.
- Assam Parliamentary Affairs minister Chandra Mohan Patowary said in a written reply to a query by AIUDF MLA Rafiqul Islam that cases were registered against 1,58,554 people in the Foreigners Tribunal (FTs) till May 31, 2019.
- Out of all the orders as declared foreigners, 1,31,459 cases have been contested by the accused and in 68,789 cases, the judgements were passed ex-parte, the House was informed.
- Patowary replying on behalf of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, who holds the Home portfolio.
- He said that Assam currently has 1,13,738 'D' voters (doubtful voters) and necessary action is taken in this regard according to orders passed by the FTs.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know