Goa Pradesh Youth Committee submits letter demanding immediate restoration of SPG cover for Manmohan Singh and Gandhi family
By Indianwire 29-Nov-2019
- The Special Protection Group (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha on Thursday has been passed.
- The North Goa Youth Congress Committee urged the District Collector to request the Union government to immediately restore the SPG cover of the former prime minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
- The commitee also demanded the restoration of cover for the Gandhi family which was withdrawn from Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, and Priyanka Gandhi.
- The leaders are now provided with Z-plus security which will be overseen by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- Senior Congress leader Manish Tewari also questioned the government as to why SPG cover was withdrawn from Manmohan Singh and the Gandhi family without amending the bill.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know