Lok Sabha passes bill to merge Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu
By Livemint 28-Nov-2019
- The Lok Sabha on Wednesday passed the Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019.
- The bill now awaits passage in the Rajya Sabha.
- The move comes three months after Jammu and Kashmir was divided into two UTs—Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh.
- The minister of state for home affairs G. Kishen Reddy said that the merger of the two UTs, located along the western coast near Gujarat, will be done for better administration and check duplications of various work.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli has just one district while Daman and Diu has two.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know