congress with other opposition parties boycotted the joint parliament session
By The Wire 06-Dec-2019
- On the occasion of Constitution Day on 26 November, a joint sitting of both houses of Parliament was boycotted by many opposition parties including Congress.
- While performing resistance, Congress President Sonia Gandhi read the Preamble to the Constitution.
- The protesting leaders carried the banners with 'Constitution in crisis' in hand and all also raised slogans of 'Stop killing the Constitution'.
- While stating the reason for the protest, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, said, "We are protesting against the government, which is violating the Constitution on one hand and celebrating Constitution Day on the other side."
- Also, targeting the current government, Manmohan Singh said that the way the central government is taking steps in Maharashtra, it is clear that the constitutional values are not safe in the hands of the present government.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know