Foreign Journalists Still Awaiting Permission To Visit the Indian State of Assam
By Thediplomat 26-Nov-2019
- Foreign journalists are still awaiting permission from the GOI to visit Assam in the country’s northeastern region following restrictions imposed three months ago.
- In response to a query under the RTI Act, the MEA said that the applications of 7 journalists who had applied for visas to visit Assam are now being examined by a “concerned” dept of the govt.
- The Home Ministry also tweeted, “Any foreign journalist, whether already based in India or not, can visit Assam after taking the permission of MEA."
- The tweet further read, "MHA is consulted internally by MEA before issuing this permission and there is no PAP or RAP area in the state of Assam. Thus no PAP or RAP is needed by a foreign journalist.”
- Unlike some other hill states in the country’s Northeast, no permission is required either by Indian citizens or foreign nationals to visit Assam.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know