The time has come for GST 2.0, says Manpreet Singh Badal
By Livemint 24-Nov-2019
- Manpreet Singh Badal is worried about the Punjab’s ability to pay salaries, bills due to a delay in getting GST compensation from the Union govt
- The Punjab minister argues that the time has come for redesigning GST and explains how the state is diversifying its economy to become what he calls the Denmark of India.
- The slippage in tax receipts amid an economic downturn is increasingly becoming a point of friction in Centre-state relations.
- The threatening the legacy of consensus-based decision making in GST Council, an important federal body.
- He will not speak about what happened with the other states. When GST was being negotiated, 23% of Punjab’s revenue came from food grains.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know