Kerala govt to make arms training near temples a punishable offense with the new bill
By News Minute 23-Nov-2019
- The Kerala government is set to pass new legislation which will make arms training or drills by socio-religious organisations near temple premises a punishable offence.
- The Travancore-Cochin religious institutions (amendment) bill proposes upto 6 months in jail or a fine of Rs 5000 for arms training/drills near temple premises in the state.
- CM Pinarayi Vijayan and Devaswom Minister Kadakkampally Surendran had earlier stated that the government will soon bring in these amendments.
- According to reports, the draft bill specifies that the properties of the Devaswom must not be used for anything other than matters concerning the temple and the upkeep of its tradition.
- The police are also permitted to directly file a case in this matter.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know