Says traffic problem not of Chandigarh alone
By Thetribune 23-Nov-2019
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it clear that the traffic problem is not of Chandigarh alone and it is obligatory on the part of both states of Punjab and Haryana to jointly apply brakes to battle the woes.
- A Division Bench of the High Court also directed the chief secretaries of both states to depute the secretaries of the Urban Development, Surface and Transport, Environment and Finance departments to put their heads together with the UT authorities for finding a solution to the traffic problems and other issues.
- “Considering the fact that the problem relating to traffic congestion in Chandigarh is directly connected with and relates to the surrounding areas of the states of Punjab and Haryana.
- Both states, having their capital in Chandigarh, are duty bound and obliged to collectively resolve the same…,” the Bench added.
- The Bench made it clear that the officers deputed by the chief secretaries would sit with the Adviser to the UT Administrator, who would chair the meeting.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know