Yogi government disclosed, will have to pay a fine of 10 crores
By Aaj Tak 14-Dec-2019
- The National Green Tribunal has imposed a fine of Rs 10 crore on Uttar Pradesh government for not stopping the drainage of untreated sewage water in Ganga river.
- The NGT says that there is no drinking water in Kanpur countryside and Rania due to illegal leather factory and chromium agglomeration.
- In addition to 10 crore on the Yogi government, a penalty of Rs 1 crore has also been imposed on the state pollution board for not stopping the growing waste in Ganga.
- To be informed, in July, Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi had tweeted a video of Ganga in Varanasi which is PM's Parliamentary constituency, to attack the ruling govt.
- However, the video was posted by a Twitter user named Vijay Nath Mishra who wrote that untreated water is falling into the Ganga but there is no response from the authorities.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know