Anti-CAB protest: Night road blockade in Meghalaya from Monday
By Nenow 18-Nov-2019
- As the Centre is ready to push for passage of the Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB), the North East Forum for Indigenous People (NEFIP) has announced resumption of mass agitation against the bill from Monday.
- As per the agitation, two days’ night road blockade will be observed on Monday and Tuesday in Meghalaya.
- The executive committee of the NEFIP decided that each federating unit at the state level has been allowed to decide as per their conveniences and understanding regarding the mode of agitation on Monday and Tuesday.
- “The blockade will start at 7 PM on Nov 18 till 6 AM on Nov 19. It will again resume at 7 PM on Nov 19 and continue till 6 AM on Nov 20,” sources added.The bill seeks to grant Indian citizenship to non-Muslim immigrants from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- The Confederation of Meghalaya Social Organisations (CoMSO) will organise night road blockade in Meghalaya on November 18 & 19,” said sources.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know