NWC member Soso Shaiza calls on Mizoram CM
By Morungexpress. 18-Nov-2019
- National Commission for Women (NWC) member Soso Shaiza on Saturday called on Mizoram chief minister Zoramthanga at the latter’s office to discuss issues pertaining to women empowerment in the state, an official source said.
- Shaiza was on official tour to Mizoram to assess the condition of women, especially in Mamit district.During her meeting with the chief minister, Shaiza informed him about her findings and thanked the state government for its measures to develop west Mizoram’s Mamit district, the sources said.
- She then pointed out the need for exploring the possibility of setting up of schools of excellence, building working women's hostel, among others.Shaiza also informed the chief minister that awareness programme and research could be conducted through the commission.
- Among others, the NWC member also told Zoramthanga the need for participation of women in politics and to enroll them in state police as much as possible.During the meeting that lasted for about an hour, the two discussed about promotion of handloom industry and empowering women through entrepreneurship.
- Shaiza was accompanied by Mizoram state commission for women (MSCW) chairperson Lallawmchhungi, and MSCW member Prof. Lalneihzovi.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know