Union Minister Naik Praises Pilots Involved in Goa Navy MIG Crash for Showing 'Presence of Mind'
By News18 17-Nov-2019
- Union Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik on Sunday praised both pilots of the Navy MIG trainer that crashed here for pointing the aircraft away from populated areas.
- The MiG-29K aircraft, attached to INS Hansa base in Dabolim, had crashed on a rocky plateau near Verna village on Saturday, with both pilots managing to eject safely.
- Brave work done by MiG-29k twin seater aircraft pilots Capt M Sheokhand and Lt Cdr Deepak Yadav by showing presence of mind and by pointing the aircraft away from the populated areas and ejecting safely said Naik.
- District Collector Ajit Roy told reporters on Saturday that the left engine of the aircraft flamed out while the right engine caught fire due to a bird hit.
- He had said the incident happened as the aircraft, on a routine sortie, encountered a flock of birds after take off from INS Hansa Air base, adding that attempts to recover the aircraft were unsuccessful due to damage and low height.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know