Special Assembly Session will be Convened if Situation Demands: Manipur CM
- Manipur CM N Biren Singh once again turned down the demand for convening special sessions of the Manipur Legislative Assembly.
- The COCOMI has been pressing the BJP-led government to pass a fresh resolution to protect Manipur’s territorial integrity.
- The CM while reiterating that his govt has full trust in central govt said, “If need be arises, the special session of the Manipur Assembly will be convened.”
- Singh conveyed made this statement during a press briefing in connection with Meeyamgi Numit and Hill Leaders’ Day.
- Let us tell you that within the short tenure of the govt, Assembly resolution on protecting the state’s territorial integrity had taken place twice.