Farooq Khan, KK Sharma chosen to assist LG Murmu
By Thetribune 15-Nov-2019
- The Union Home Ministry has appointed retired IAS officer KK Sharma and retired IPS officer Farooq Khan as new Advisers to Lieutenant-Governor of J&K Union Territory (UT) Girish Chandra Murmu to assist him for discharging his duties effectively.
- Both Sharma and Khan had earlier served as Advisers to the former Governor of erstwhile J&K state, Satya Pal Malik.
- The new Advisers would “assist the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir for effective discharge of his functions during the period of Statutory Order (SO) notified on October 31 or until further orders”.
- He started his career in the J&K Police as a sub-inspector in 1984 and elevated to the post of Inspector General of Police (IGP).
- Khan was instrumental in playing a key role in curbing militancy in the 1990s and he is considered as a close confidant of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know