4-min hearing, 10 notices and note on silence on CJI Ranjan Gogoi’s last day at work
By Hindustan Times 15-Nov-2019
- CJI will retire on November 17, after giving verdicts on the landmark cases such as the Ayodhya title dispute, Rafale defence deal, entry of women into Sabarimala temple and bringing CJI in RTI Act ambit.
- On his last day at work, Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi sat in court no. 1 for 4 minutes with his successor SA Bobde and has issued notices in all ten cases presented before him.
- In the end, he penned a note where he spoke of the judiciary’s need to ‘maintain silence while exercising their freedom’.
- Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) president Rakesh Khanna bid Chief Justice Gogoi adieu and wished him a happy retired life.
- He expressed gratitude on behalf of the Bar and thanked him for increasing the number of judges in the apex court.
ALSO READ: "There Is No India Without Kashmir": Indian Columnist At US Congress
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know