SC to Announce the Verdict on Petition Against Sabarimala And Rafale Orders
- The SC will soon announce verdicts on review petitions against its orders on two issues- the entry of women in Sabarimala temple and the Rafale deal.
- The verdict on Sabarimala temple will be given by a 5 member bench headed by CJI Ranjan Gogoi.
- Last year in September the SC allowed women of all ages to enter the Ayyappa shrine ending a centuries-old ban on women and girls of age 10-50.
- Along with this, the SC will also review its judgment in the Rafale deal that dismissed the petition seeking investigation into the irregularities in Rs 58,000 Crore deal.
- The verdict on Rafale will be given by a 3 judge bench headed by CJI Ranjan Gogoi and Justices SK Kaul and KM Joseph.